Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Don't Speak Too Soon...

I made the mistake on Saturday of saying that I have been very lucky lately not to have a "crash day" because of my fibro-myalgia. With all the stress lately, I have been thanking the Lord daily that I haven't had a problem! So I guess Sunday was His was of humbling me. Sitting in church and all of a sudden I can't feel my arms and hands and pain is THROBBING down from my shoulders! So I came home from church and went to bed.

Then today I woke up, good thing huh? I was getting ready for the day when my nephew came with his baby for me to watch today. As I'm looking at him, I notice half his face is disappearing and there are funny, squiggly lines.... Yes, you guessed it.... MIGRAINE! So, I called Randy and he came home just in time. The squiggly lines were gone, but the pain was hitting. So once again I was in bed.

I wouldn't mind being in bed so often, but the circumstances have been all wrong! I would much rather be in bed with a good book, sitting by a nice roaring fire, drinking a cup of hot chocolate! OR....sitting on the beach, listening to the waves lap against the beach, relaxing, while I am being SERVED a nice cool drink! Now that's more like it! Oh, the things I could do, if I had a little money....it's a rich man's world!!

SCREEEECH!!!! That was the sound of the needle being scratched across the record. REALITY CHECK! Oh, and just FYI, I am feeling better tonight. Just in case you were wondering.

3 comments:

Holloway Family said...

I am so sorry you haven't been feeling well. It sucks being stuck in bed. I've been there for the past ten days or so, some virus I caught and can't seem to fight off. Glad you are feeling better. ;)

Krista said...

You slept from Sunday til Wednesday? Wow! I don't know why you're body is attacking you with the big production that you're directing starting tomorrow night! I would tell you to break a leg but with everything else going on, I don't want you to hurt yourself more! Good luck!

Kari said...

Thanks for helping me through my pity party! You guys are awesome!