Friday, January 23, 2009

Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk!

So Tif and I are bringing in groceries last night. Not a hard task, right? Until it comes to handing over the milk. I decided to grab the gallons by holding them in my arms instead of by the handles. Not usually a problem. But then, try to lift it from chest height to the top shelf of the fridge. Since my chest is not that high, it was immediately a problem! I'm a mom though, right, and woman, hear me roar! So it's all under control, until...........(dramatic pause)............the gallon of CHOCOLATE milk slipped out of my arm and down to the floor, hitting the bottom of the fridge first, then CRASHING to the floor, spraying milk all over, including all over me! I just stood there in disbelief for about 10-15 seconds, then reality smacked me in the head and I realized, "Oh, someone needs to clean this up!" Guess who gets to clean up messes? ME! Randy was at work, Jake, who had been sick all day, was in the process of getting sick again downstairs, and Tif was helping bring groceries in still.

So as Tif got towels, I got the mop and started the cleanup effort, while slipping between the fridge and the sink. Almost like an ice skating rink, only chocolate. HMMMM, now there's an idea! I'd even start ice skating if the rink were chocolate! After 2 1/2 hours, the floor, cupboards, walls, the blind above the sink, the inside of my refrigerator, and my shoes and clothes were all clean. I hadn't planned on Spring cleaning my kitchen until about April, but, when the opportunity presents itself, take advantage of it, right?! I still need to clean UNDER the fridge, but had to wait for Randy to help pull it out for me today.

Needless to say, after helping Jake all day, babysitting my little Grand-Niece, shopping, and cleaning, I was exhausted and fell into bed and crashed. I don't remember even kissing Randy good-night! I think I did. Guess I need to make those more memorable!

1 comment:

Holloway Family said...

LOL!!! If you make those kisses more memorable, I don't want to hear about it. Geez, somethings should be kept in the bedroom. ROFL!! ;) Thanks for your comments about the 'family' I really needed to hear (read) that. I know that all I can do is pray that she is happy. Of course, after reading her 'blog' I have a hard time believe that it is out of love that they are getting married. Sounds like a trap to me, but what do I know. Can't wait to get home, at most, 11 more months.