Thursday, January 8, 2009

To Be Or Not To Be...

That is a good question! I am currently Directing the play Aladdin, Jr. Being it is a Stake play, there is nothing already in possession, so everything has to be made from scratch. BIG job! So this all began last May I believe. It's a long time ago, and my brain malfunctions from time to time, kind of like Dory in Finding Nemo....what was I saying again? Oh ya. So I accepted the call to be the Director and all that comes with it. I understand "all that comes with it" because I have Directed things before. But this one has me ready for a vacation BEFORE the production is even ready!

Everything was going just fine until.....DRAMA!!!! OMG(osh)!!! Talk about people freaking out all of a sudden! As Director, I am allowed to change whatever I want, whenever I want, and a few people just don't like change, especially when it involves them! So I am on a couple of people's crap list. But know what? I really don't care beause THE SHOW MUST GO ON!!! Then there's more DRAMA because this one and that one used to be going out, but they aren't any more, but now he likes the sister of the other one, and it's he said she said, and..... OH BROTHER! I'm so glad I have my Psychiatrist degree!! It comes along with being a Director you know. Automatic Psychiatrist degrees! Luckily with a play, there's lots of props. So there's usually a couch or something that can be used! Now if I could only get the pay they get. Hmmmm......

But overall, it's a great experience and I will do it again in a heartbeat! To Be Or Not To Be? I say TO BE!

1 comment:

Krista said...

To be is better than not to be! Can't wait to see your play! How do you get involved with all the personal drama? Somehow, I'm always the last to know. Probably because I always say, "You'll be fine." As the Aussie's say: "She'll be 'right on the night" which means everything will turn out okay!