Friday, January 9, 2009

More Ah So!

I finally cleaned out my purse and I found the fortunes from our most recent fortune cookies! I keep them until I clean out my purse. Then I throw them away. Why I don't just leave them at the restaurant I will never know. I think it's because it will be bad luck or something if I don't take it with me! Never-the-less, these fortunes are SURE to come true!

Mine says - You will obtain your goal if you maintain your course. - Now, if you look at it, of course it will come true! Any goal comes true if you stay on the course towards that goal! But this one, as I look at it again, has become more of a reminder for me. With what has been going on lately, it is a good reminder that I am ok with what I am doing and I need to remain on this course because if I alter the course, I won't reach my goal. I have felt like I need to change to match my surroundings and appease people. But after re-reading this fortune, I will not be doing that.

My husband's fortune says - Something on four wheels will soon be a fun investment for you! -He's excited about this one! But he needs to remember to keep it under $20! Just kidding. I'm glad this one can come true at a future time!

These may be general items, but fortune cookies can really be kind of a fun guide to what is happening in your life at the moment. And that is exactly what they are meant for. I'm glad I cleaned out my purse!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Lately, I've been reading my horror-scope just for fun. Usually, I forget what they say immediately, so I never know if they ever come true. You really need to get a Magic 8 Ball, because those are great for making life decisions!

Kari said...

Funny you should mention that. I just got one for Randy for Christmas! He collects M&M dispensers and that was the one for this year was a magic eight ball concept! It's fate!